Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What kind of bottle nipple do I use when adding rice cereal to infant's milk?

Hello. My 10 week old daughter has a case of reflux. Our pediatrician suggested adding 1 tsp rice cereal to every 1 ounce of milk or formula. I was hesitant about this at first because it only started when she was about 8 weeks old. However, when the projectile throwing up and spit up continued(also causing her to be hungry every hour to 1 1/2 hours when we had been going 2 1/2 hours I decided to try it. I cut a small hole in the nipple of her bottle but I think it flows to fast. Others I think she has to work to hard to feed. I need to buy larger bottles anyway so I was wondering if there was a particular type of nipple that is already larger so I don't have to "wing" it. I looked at the Avent bottles but they come with 1 hole, 2 holes, 3 holes, etc...can you offer any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment